So we bought a cheapy tension rod from Walmart to put up these blue gold-star curtains my mom made a few years ago in the bedroom. After a good while, we finally got the tension rod cooperate, we were having problems even before we tried to put it in the window! It's done now, and looks pretty good. The window is very tall, so there's about 6 inches from the bottom of the curtains to the sill, but that's ok, we have things on the sill.
We tried getting a tension rod from Walmart for the front window but it's just too wide! It's about 92 inches, and Walmart doesn't have one that extends that far. I'm of a mind to check Ave Hardware (the only hardware store in town that I know of). It's a huge space and let's in all the cold air. We have brown blinds on those windows and the bedroom windows.
The bathroom window.....where do I begin! We opened once in the Fall, and every since the it doesn't shut tightly! It's FREEZING in there....literally.... From the inside, there's a screen, then a thick frosted pane of glass with a handle that lifts up then push out. The weather stipping or something swelled and won't create a tight seal. We'll get up in the morning and find the condensation has literally frozen in the corners between the screen and the glass. We keep the apartment at about 67*F and it's always 30 colder in the bathroom! You have to run the hot water just to use the toilet so it steams up! So finally....I had the thought to buy some Denim curtains! They are thick enough to block out most of the cold! I saw that Walmart had some, and it's a small enough space that they would have the right deminsions. So we will see later this week how it turns out!
No comments:
Post a Comment