Saturday, May 24, 2008

UTAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


SO, we are here. Arrived safely, nothing broken (bones or glass). Hardly any bad traffic, almost nil construction, and a bit o' rain in Kansas and just barely sleet but melted as it hit the ground/car in Colorado.

Our new apartment is GREAT! Nice tile in the kitchen/living room/bathroom/hallway, plush carpet in both bedrooms (YAY TWO BEDROOMS!). We've put the computers in the bigger room (which shall now be known as the OFFICE), which ended up to be a great idea. The smaller room would have been too cramped and made the room HOT w/ the computers. The smaller room is just that (which shall now be known as the BEDROOM) ...small, but it both rooms suits our needs. The office also has our large plastic drawers purchased in Kansas......and a mini electric organ also purchased in Kansas on the cheap. There is still room for bookcases, our 4 boxes of books will remain in boxes until further notice. There's room, room and more room for stuff in there.

The closets in the office and bedroom are complete w/ organizers/shelves. We've utilized them almost to the max! There is no linen closet, but we've put that stuff in the bedroom. The pantry is as big as the closests and it's HUGE! There is still room to spare w/ food, cleaning supplies (vacuum, spray cleaners, clothes detergent, etc), empty plastic boxes....and napkins....millions and millions of paper napkins! (long story, haha).

The bathroom is atleast twice the size of our last, INCLUDING! drawers and counter space! I'm so thrilled! There's a door; then much larger mirror: the length of the entire wall for the first part (vanity w/ sink); then another door which leads into a toilet and shower/bathtub area. The shower/bathtub is nice because there's actually room to turn around and not hit a wall or slip.

And finally the kitchen...what can I say.....other than it's BIG! I think we (Mom and I) determined it's bigger than her's! Plenty of counter and cabinet space. I have room to spare! Even w/ 3 sets of dishes (2 four place settings, 1 eight place settings).

The entire apartment came furnished, thank goodness! There's a nice kitchen table and 4 chairs, HUGE over the stove microwave. Semi-nice sofa and loveseat set, shakey coffee table, wheeled TV stand (which is very nice, just a few scratches). And two single beds, which pushed together make almost a king sized bed! It's big...... Oh and a nice side table in the living room. Plus 2 HUGE five drawer dressers.

I already have a job, started Friday, working @ Partyland Orem. (it's like PartyWorks in Fresno/Clovis). Danial is still hunting.

On a side note....we did see Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull last night. I think they did a pretty good job, w/ the 19 yr break from the last one. They brought back old friends, and brought in new enemies. Instead of the Germans he was always fighting, it is now KGB after WWII. One of the best scenes is when he's flying through the air in one of those old refridgerators. You'll have to see to believe! Probably flew atleast 10 miles, no joke.

On back on track here....

Utah is wonderful. It has everything we needed and wanted in Kansas: family and a better school. Plus, I love having so many members of the Church nearby. I'm already in Choir, and Danial is playing soccer w/ some other ppl in the Ward at this very moment!

I'll end here now, since this post is so long. More updates to come along, I'm sure!

Also, THANK YOU to everyone that helped us moved. We truly appreciate the help and sacrifice, and prayers. We could not have done anything without YOU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi J and D---
tickled to hear the description of your new digs. Sounds like you like the S P A C E for sure. Yes, we'd like that pantry! Happy for you!
I'm hoping that when someone adds to your blog (like me) --that I'll get an email notice. That's the way I'd like mine to work (when I decide how I want to create it.)
Party girl, eh?
A happy place.
I'm sure you'll like the products and people in a good mood!
Love, Aunt Nanci

Anonymous said...

Yep, we sure do get a email alert someone's posted on our blog. I'm not sure how you (or another user) can set it to receive email alert from specific blogs, but as Admins of the blog we both can have 10 people each that we can put on a list to be notified by email when post/comment has been made. You're on the list! :-D

~Juli