
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd give a quick update on Utah after 4 weeks:
We have settled in quite nicely into our new home, job, area. I've been working part-time at a party supply store. I was able to obtain this job before we moved, actually. I have a long-time LDS friend that was an assistant manager there, until last week. She's pregnant and decided to quit to cut down on stress! Anyhow, I had 2 weeks working with her. I'm sure I'll see her around. It's fun working there, surrounded by party stuff. Customers ask random questions....like....where's your pirate section, and they're standing right in front of it....or....where's your webkinz section....and it's right behind them! Or.....rent hot magenta paper cups in stock. Honest, these are all real occurences! Another big thing at the store is the balloons. Gads and gads of balloons. Since it was graduation the week before last (college and high school) we had millions of balloons orders. I felt like all we did was blow up balloons and ask, would you like a balloon weight with that, or would you like these tied or clipped! Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing balloons orders. It's fun putting together, mixing and matching colors for or with customers for special occassions. This one young mother came in with the most cutest baby girl (wearing pink!) and wanted many balloons for her year birthday party the next day. Pink, of course, and a few other colors thrown in there. After all was done, she had 24 balloons total and a huge pink pig foil/mylar balloon. By the way, if you ever get balloons from a party suppy store inflated, get them with hifloat. No, they aren't trying to get your money. Hifloat is a balloon life extender that really does extend the life of a helium balloon by atleast 2-4 days, depending on temp. Without it, it'll sink the next morning. Worth it! if you're paying for 2 dozen balloons like the above mother!
We had the Brian Jones family over last night. Very nice get together. We all enjoyed the time greatly. One of the main reasons for moving out here is to be around more family, but not just be around them, SEE them and spend time with them. We only have one Earth life. Let's make the most of it!
Danial starts a job tomorrow. It's just 3 hours a day, but atleast it's something! No callings in the ward yet, we'll see how long it takes them to snag one of us up!
~Julianna
We have settled in quite nicely into our new home, job, area. I've been working part-time at a party supply store. I was able to obtain this job before we moved, actually. I have a long-time LDS friend that was an assistant manager there, until last week. She's pregnant and decided to quit to cut down on stress! Anyhow, I had 2 weeks working with her. I'm sure I'll see her around. It's fun working there, surrounded by party stuff. Customers ask random questions....like....where's your pirate section, and they're standing right in front of it....or....where's your webkinz section....and it's right behind them! Or.....rent hot magenta paper cups in stock. Honest, these are all real occurences! Another big thing at the store is the balloons. Gads and gads of balloons. Since it was graduation the week before last (college and high school) we had millions of balloons orders. I felt like all we did was blow up balloons and ask, would you like a balloon weight with that, or would you like these tied or clipped! Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing balloons orders. It's fun putting together, mixing and matching colors for or with customers for special occassions. This one young mother came in with the most cutest baby girl (wearing pink!) and wanted many balloons for her year birthday party the next day. Pink, of course, and a few other colors thrown in there. After all was done, she had 24 balloons total and a huge pink pig foil/mylar balloon. By the way, if you ever get balloons from a party suppy store inflated, get them with hifloat. No, they aren't trying to get your money. Hifloat is a balloon life extender that really does extend the life of a helium balloon by atleast 2-4 days, depending on temp. Without it, it'll sink the next morning. Worth it! if you're paying for 2 dozen balloons like the above mother!
We had the Brian Jones family over last night. Very nice get together. We all enjoyed the time greatly. One of the main reasons for moving out here is to be around more family, but not just be around them, SEE them and spend time with them. We only have one Earth life. Let's make the most of it!
Danial starts a job tomorrow. It's just 3 hours a day, but atleast it's something! No callings in the ward yet, we'll see how long it takes them to snag one of us up!
~Julianna
No comments:
Post a Comment