Thursday, October 16, 2008

dunDunDUN!!!!

Well, it's confirmed: I have PUPPS! No....not puppies...PUPPS! It's a rash that some pregnant women get. Lo and behold, I have it! Coming on gradually for 2 weeks, but now the itching is driving me to distraction! So I called my doctor's office, spoke to a nurse: YES! I have PUPPS! She suggested I take Benedryl (I have to dig it out of a box!) and also try Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil Gel right out of the shower before drying off. I did find a website where many women had tried Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. Sounds odd, but they insist it works! I don't know if I'll try that, but I'm getting the baby oil gel this afternoon!

1 comment:

LyndiLou said...

My sister that had twins actually had the joy of that same experience. She had her husband give her a blessing... and then she used a wash cloth with certain kinds of filtered water on her stomach (where the rash was on her). We have the water filter (Kagen Water) here... if you need to you can come and get some and try it out. Hers went away... which surprised her midwife because she had thought she would just have it until the babies came.