Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vegetable Medley....

So last night I made a dish that I've made a few times before. It's completely vegetarian and totally tasty!

2-3 medium zuccini (yellow/green or both), sliced
1/3 cup chopped mushrooms (or 1 small can)
1 regular can of corn
2 medium tomatoes or 1 regular can of tomatoes, chopped into bite sized pieces
2 medium onions, diced or sliced

  1. In a saute pan with extra virgin olive oil, toss in potatoes, zuccini and onions over medium heat. Salt, pepper, season to taste. You might need to turn down the heat a bit if the zuccini is browning too fast.
  2. When zuccini is browned, add mushrooms, corn and tomatoes. Saute until hot.
  3. Enjoy with pasta or rice!

You could also add potatoes, but they need a few more minutes than the zuccini.

I love this dish. It's so quick and easy. The hardest part is opening a can....or chopping the onions that make you cry, ha! Takes less than 30 minutes. I'm all about quick and easy! And tasty and healthy!

No comments: