Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crafts....

As part of my responsibility for our team teaching of the 9 year olds at church on Sundays, I am one of the teachers for the 8 & 9 year olds Activity Days. (Activity Days is a more focused program for girls ages 8-11 about Christ). I team teach this class with the 8 year old Sunday teacher.





Tonight, we are making Christmas ornaments. Since I'm not that crafty and our budget is very small, this is what I have come up with:







From left to right:

The first ornament is a Christmas tree made from pipe cleaners. I took one brown pipe cleaner and left it whole. The green and white pipe cleaners I cut into quarters, but only used three pieces from each color. I wrapped the green cleaner around once or twice to anchor for each green cleaner. The white cleaner I wrapped around the green. Then I glued a sparkly puff ball at the top for a star. This tree can be laid on a Christmas tree, or several made and put into a vase for a centerpiece.

The second ornament is just a plain cheapy candy cane. I glued one end of the ribbon to one end of the candy cane and just wrapped all the way up/down the candy cane, then glued the final ends together. To add pizzaz, I tied a ribbon at the bottom of the candy cane. I have about 4 different ribbon colors.

The third ornament is, like the first, made from pipe cleaners. They had a whole pack of sparkly pipe cleaners that was perfect for this ornament! I cut 12 pipe cleaners in half, then took 1 half folded that in half and placed the rest of the cleaners in the center, then twisted it to form a nice packet. Then just spread out the remaining cleaners to form the star. The half I twisted can be used to tie onto a Christmas tree branch or ribbon to hang.

No comments: