We had a very nice and wonderful Christmas/New Years spent in California. While still in Fresno, we obtained a very nice camcorder via Santa, or a "Dad-Cam" as some family members call it! Danial is very thrilled about this Christmas present! There were many other things that happened while still in Fresno, I shall try to recall some of them!
- Seeing "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" with parents, sister and a cousin!, a very....curious....movie.
- gourmet pans for dinner with the same cousin. note to all: use LIQUID sterno, not gel. The gel doesn't get hot enough with the stoves we had. Still a tasty meal!
- Seeing "Valkyrie" with Mom, then I was SO EXCITED to see a Chipotle across the parking lot after the movie, we had dinner to go.
- just the 2 of us off to Coldstone, disappointed they no longer have gumballs, but they still had vanilla bean!
- Having lunch with an old friend, her daughter and her sister.
- New Years day drove off to Grandma's. Spent 2 very good nights there. It was good to see her. Mom made some really yummy pot roast while we were there. I put some in a little baggie the morning we left for the airport and forgot about it until we were back home in Utah. Fortunately, it's been so cold everywhere we went, that the meat was still good. YUMMY!
- Flew back to Utah Sat Jan 3. People and luggage arrived safe, sound and on time. It was FREEZING! in Utah. Literally, about 20*F. In California, it was in the 50s*F.
So back home in Utah, we found an extremely cold apartment, rectified with a few minutes of the central heater. We did some shopping the next week (the week when school started for Danial): with school money and leftover Christmas money we were able to stock up on groceries, pay some bills, buy a crib (no mattress YET!), buy a netbook for Danial (his old laptop is like a dinosaur now), car seat (muey importante) bookcase for the living room and had a date! Yes, a date! It's been a couple months since we had a date, we deserved it!
We've just been organizing the baby's room ie putting the crib together, unpacking boxes of books for the new bookcase, washing baby clothes (newborn - 3 months) from a little birdy. We are washing baby clothes in stages, there's just so many! They are divided out by different sizes. So the baby's room is ready, it's just missing a baby. All the clothes are other (and organizing into outfits!), we even have some diapers! Oh yeah, we need a crib mattress, but that will be obtained in the next couple of weeks.
I had a baby shower yesterday, hosted by Aunt Laraine, and cousins Kirsti, Cherisse and Melodie. They were so wonderful and generous with the shower. They did an awesome job! about a dozen people attended, brought some wonderful store bought and even a couple home-made gifts. We took some pictures on a disposable camera and our digital camera. This week I'll put some Christmas and baby shower pictures up. We even videoed some of it for Mom to watch when she arrives for the baby next month. The games were fun and creative, the food and cakes were tasty, and the friends and family were very generous. It was great!
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a good time at your shower... I wish I could have been there!!! I will still find a way to get something over to you! ;) I just have my squishy little baby who I don't take out in the cold! ;)
Post a Comment